Several injured in group clash in Saharanpur district
Muzaffarnagar: Additional police personnel have been deployed at Chandela Koli village of Saharanpur district following a group clash which left at least 20 people injured.
Students belonging to Dalit and Jat community entered into an argument yesterday over getting seats in a classroom of Vedic Inter College, Sub Divisional Magistrate Rajesh Kumar said.
The situation took an ugly turn when the two groups, supported by the villagers, attacked each other and resorted to stone pelting.
Additional police force has been deployed in the village to maintain the law and order situation there, Kumar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach