Several injured in group clash in Saharanpur district
Muzaffarnagar: Additional police personnel have been deployed at Chandela Koli village of Saharanpur district following a group clash which left at least 20 people injured.
Students belonging to Dalit and Jat community entered into an argument yesterday over getting seats in a classroom of Vedic Inter College, Sub Divisional Magistrate Rajesh Kumar said.
The situation took an ugly turn when the two groups, supported by the villagers, attacked each other and resorted to stone pelting.
Additional police force has been deployed in the village to maintain the law and order situation there, Kumar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- Government allows airlines to import up to 18 year old planes
- Pampore terror attack: Centre to send committee to find reason behind security lapse
- Sub-Rs 10,000 smartphone segment in India to grow 44% in 2016: CMR
- Clarity on Brexit, monsoon to steer markets
- India, Nepal agree to use satellite system for border pillars