Several injured in group clash in Saharanpur district
Muzaffarnagar: Additional police personnel have been deployed at Chandela Koli village of Saharanpur district following a group clash which left at least 20 people injured.
Students belonging to Dalit and Jat community entered into an argument yesterday over getting seats in a classroom of Vedic Inter College, Sub Divisional Magistrate Rajesh Kumar said.
The situation took an ugly turn when the two groups, supported by the villagers, attacked each other and resorted to stone pelting.
Additional police force has been deployed in the village to maintain the law and order situation there, Kumar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das