Several injured in group clash in Saharanpur district
Muzaffarnagar: Additional police personnel have been deployed at Chandela Koli village of Saharanpur district following a group clash which left at least 20 people injured.
Students belonging to Dalit and Jat community entered into an argument yesterday over getting seats in a classroom of Vedic Inter College, Sub Divisional Magistrate Rajesh Kumar said.
The situation took an ugly turn when the two groups, supported by the villagers, attacked each other and resorted to stone pelting.
Additional police force has been deployed in the village to maintain the law and order situation there, Kumar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi's Iran visit: India commits huge investment in Chabahar
- Potassium bromate, potassium iodate in bread: This is how they can affect your health!
- Congress, BJP have husband-wife like relationship: Arvind Kejriwal
- Oops! Bella Hadid's revealing outfits stun glamour world – Watch
- This is the only temple where Lord Hanuman is worshipped in female form