Several tourism plans for Mathura: Hema Malini
Mathura: Several plans are in the pipeline to tap the tourism potential of Mathura, actress-turned- politician and local MP Hema Malini said on Sunday.
"To start mono-rail in Mathura, I had a detailed meeting with Union Minister Nitin Gadkari on the project. In order to promote tourism, a special programme would be organised in Mathura in November," Hema Malini told reporters here.
Keeping tourism in mind, "Chaurasi Kos Parikrama" would also be given a facelift, she said, adding, the process has been discussed with authorities concerned of the tourism department.
Brij Dham trust has also been set up with the cooperation of NRIs of the US and the money collected from it would be utilised in the development of Mathura, she said.
"I shall try to repay the confidence imposed on me by the people of Mathura by ensuring development. Clean Yamuna, promised during election would also be ensured," she added.
However, the local MP appeared worried about the law and order situation in the district, and said she will talk to the District Magistrate and the SSP on the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt