Several tourism plans for Mathura: Hema Malini
Mathura: Several plans are in the pipeline to tap the tourism potential of Mathura, actress-turned- politician and local MP Hema Malini said on Sunday.
"To start mono-rail in Mathura, I had a detailed meeting with Union Minister Nitin Gadkari on the project. In order to promote tourism, a special programme would be organised in Mathura in November," Hema Malini told reporters here.
Keeping tourism in mind, "Chaurasi Kos Parikrama" would also be given a facelift, she said, adding, the process has been discussed with authorities concerned of the tourism department.
Brij Dham trust has also been set up with the cooperation of NRIs of the US and the money collected from it would be utilised in the development of Mathura, she said.
"I shall try to repay the confidence imposed on me by the people of Mathura by ensuring development. Clean Yamuna, promised during election would also be ensured," she added.
However, the local MP appeared worried about the law and order situation in the district, and said she will talk to the District Magistrate and the SSP on the issue.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?