Sex determination case: Accused sent to 14-day judicial remand
Kanpur: Nine persons, including six doctors, who had been arrested for allegedly conducting sex determination tests on pregnant women, were today sent to 14-day judicial custody by a local court here.
The court rejected the bail pleas of the six doctors, two nurses and one ward boy and sent them to judicial custody.
The nine accused were arrested on Saturday after a sting operation by an NGO showed the doctors asking Rs 2,000 to Rs 10,000 for sex determination tests. The video clip was shown to District Magistrate M P Aggarwal who ordered their arrest.
Subsequently, CMO RP Yadav had cancelled the licences of two ultrasound centres and sealed them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you