Sex determination case: Accused sent to 14-day judicial remand
Kanpur: Nine persons, including six doctors, who had been arrested for allegedly conducting sex determination tests on pregnant women, were today sent to 14-day judicial custody by a local court here.
The court rejected the bail pleas of the six doctors, two nurses and one ward boy and sent them to judicial custody.
The nine accused were arrested on Saturday after a sting operation by an NGO showed the doctors asking Rs 2,000 to Rs 10,000 for sex determination tests. The video clip was shown to District Magistrate M P Aggarwal who ordered their arrest.
Subsequently, CMO RP Yadav had cancelled the licences of two ultrasound centres and sealed them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Live: Supporters pay last respects to Jayalalithaa at Rajaji Hall; cremation today evening
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest