Sex determination case: Accused sent to 14-day judicial remand
Kanpur: Nine persons, including six doctors, who had been arrested for allegedly conducting sex determination tests on pregnant women, were today sent to 14-day judicial custody by a local court here.
The court rejected the bail pleas of the six doctors, two nurses and one ward boy and sent them to judicial custody.
The nine accused were arrested on Saturday after a sting operation by an NGO showed the doctors asking Rs 2,000 to Rs 10,000 for sex determination tests. The video clip was shown to District Magistrate M P Aggarwal who ordered their arrest.
Subsequently, CMO RP Yadav had cancelled the licences of two ultrasound centres and sealed them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- This is how Dr APJ Abdul Kalam looked when he was a kid!
- Govt reviews porn ban order, blocks only child pornography-related websites
- Yakub Memon's last words before he was hanged - 'I pardon you'
- 'Idiots are lined up at every step': Young IAS officer's fight against sexual harassment