Sexual assault on 3-yr-old girl confirmed
Muzaffarnagar: The medical report of a three-year-old girl, who was allegedly sexually assaulted by her cousin, has confirmed rape, police said on Friday.
17-year-old Prempal had raped the girl in Ramnagar village of the district on Wednesday, police said.
Later, upset over his deed, he had attempted suicide by consuming poison. He was immediately rushed to the hospital by his relatives.
The girl`s family members had lodged a police complaint on the basis of which the youth was arrested and is now in custody in hospital, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam