Sexual harassment case against senior bank manager
Kanpur: An Assistant General Manager of a nationalised bank here has been accused of sexually harassing a woman manager.
The victim, manager at the bank`s Chakeri branch, last night filed a complaint at Collectorganj police station here, alleging that on November 8 the AGM called her in his chamber at the bank`s office at Birhana road and scolded her in front of a customer.
After the customer left the chamber, AGM Lakshmikanth Chandana tried to molest her and when she resisted, he threatened her, the woman alleged in the complaint.
The AGM has been booked under section 354 (outraging modesty of a woman), 506 (criminal intimidation) Section 509 (making gesture intended to insult the modesty of a woman) of the IPC, police said, adding further action would be taken after a probe into the allegations.
When contacted, the AGM rubbished the allegations made by the woman manager and said he is ready to face any investigation into the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen