Sexual harassment case against senior bank manager
Kanpur: An Assistant General Manager of a nationalised bank here has been accused of sexually harassing a woman manager.
The victim, manager at the bank`s Chakeri branch, last night filed a complaint at Collectorganj police station here, alleging that on November 8 the AGM called her in his chamber at the bank`s office at Birhana road and scolded her in front of a customer.
After the customer left the chamber, AGM Lakshmikanth Chandana tried to molest her and when she resisted, he threatened her, the woman alleged in the complaint.
The AGM has been booked under section 354 (outraging modesty of a woman), 506 (criminal intimidation) Section 509 (making gesture intended to insult the modesty of a woman) of the IPC, police said, adding further action would be taken after a probe into the allegations.
When contacted, the AGM rubbished the allegations made by the woman manager and said he is ready to face any investigation into the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble