Sexual harassment case against senior bank manager
Kanpur: An Assistant General Manager of a nationalised bank here has been accused of sexually harassing a woman manager.
The victim, manager at the bank`s Chakeri branch, last night filed a complaint at Collectorganj police station here, alleging that on November 8 the AGM called her in his chamber at the bank`s office at Birhana road and scolded her in front of a customer.
After the customer left the chamber, AGM Lakshmikanth Chandana tried to molest her and when she resisted, he threatened her, the woman alleged in the complaint.
The AGM has been booked under section 354 (outraging modesty of a woman), 506 (criminal intimidation) Section 509 (making gesture intended to insult the modesty of a woman) of the IPC, police said, adding further action would be taken after a probe into the allegations.
When contacted, the AGM rubbished the allegations made by the woman manager and said he is ready to face any investigation into the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption