Sexual harassment case against senior bank manager
Kanpur: An Assistant General Manager of a nationalised bank here has been accused of sexually harassing a woman manager.
The victim, manager at the bank`s Chakeri branch, last night filed a complaint at Collectorganj police station here, alleging that on November 8 the AGM called her in his chamber at the bank`s office at Birhana road and scolded her in front of a customer.
After the customer left the chamber, AGM Lakshmikanth Chandana tried to molest her and when she resisted, he threatened her, the woman alleged in the complaint.
The AGM has been booked under section 354 (outraging modesty of a woman), 506 (criminal intimidation) Section 509 (making gesture intended to insult the modesty of a woman) of the IPC, police said, adding further action would be taken after a probe into the allegations.
When contacted, the AGM rubbished the allegations made by the woman manager and said he is ready to face any investigation into the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- 120 Taliban, ISIS militants killed in wide-scale operations by Afghan army, cops
- China, Pakistan launch first joint border patrols near Xinjiang
- Mamta Kulkarni breaks silence to rebuff drug racket reports, says glamour does not tantalize her anymore
- India stands with Bangladesh in its fight against terrorism: PM Narendra Modi to Sheikh Hasina
- It's Marlon Samuels vs Virat Kohli: How two batting mainstays will decide the course of West Indies-India series