Sexual harassment: `Nothing found against AGM in CCTV footage`
Kanpur: A day after a woman manager of a nationalised bank here accused her Assistant General Manager of sexually harassing her, police today said that CCTV footage of the cabin where the alleged incident took place did not have anything to support the charge.
"The CCTV footage of AGM Lakshmikanth Chandana`s cabin for November 8, the day on which the alleged incident took place, has been analysed, but nothing has been found which can prove that he had sexually harassed the woman," said Collectorganj police station Circle Officer DSP Raghvender Yadav.
"However, since a complaint has been received from the woman, we will today get the CCTV footage of the entire AGM office to see if any objectionable incident took place," he said.
The official also said that the woman concerned is not cooperating with the police and did not appear before the police even after being summoned repeatedly.
In her complaint filed at Collectorganj police station on November 28, the victim, manager at the bank`s Chakeri branch, alleged that on November 8, the AGM called her to his chamber at the bank`s office at Birhana Road and scolded her in front of a customer.
After the customer left, the AGM tried to molest her and when she resisted, he threatened her, she alleged.
The AGM has been booked under section 354 (outraging modesty of a woman), 506 (criminal intimidation) Section 509 (making gesture intended to insult the modesty of a woman) of the IPC.
The bank has constituted a five-member committee to probe the case and a report will be submitted within seven days.
When contacted, the AGM rubbished the allegations made by the woman manager and said that the matter has been handed over to senior officials of the bank for investigation.
Senior police officials should also investigate the case and if he is found guilty, strict action should be taken against him, the AGM said, adding that if the complaint is found false, action should be taken against the woman.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'