Shadan Masood to contest as SP candidate from Saharanpur
Lucknow: Shadan Masood, son of disqualified Rajya Sabha MP Rashid Masood, was on Saturday named as Samajwadi Party candidate from Saharanpur parliamentary constituency.
Shadan Masood has been declared as the party`s candidate in place of Imran Masood, SP`s national general secretary and spokesman Ramgopal Yadav said in a statement here.
66-year-old Rashid Masood was the first MP to lose his seat after the Supreme Court on October 21, 2013, struck down a provision that protects a convicted lawmaker from disqualification on the ground of pendency of appeal in higher courts.
He was held guilty in a case of corruption and other offences in September.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed unanimously in state Assembly; violence rocks Tamil Nadu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog