Shadan Masood to contest as SP candidate from Saharanpur
Lucknow: Shadan Masood, son of disqualified Rajya Sabha MP Rashid Masood, was on Saturday named as Samajwadi Party candidate from Saharanpur parliamentary constituency.
Shadan Masood has been declared as the party`s candidate in place of Imran Masood, SP`s national general secretary and spokesman Ramgopal Yadav said in a statement here.
66-year-old Rashid Masood was the first MP to lose his seat after the Supreme Court on October 21, 2013, struck down a provision that protects a convicted lawmaker from disqualification on the ground of pendency of appeal in higher courts.
He was held guilty in a case of corruption and other offences in September.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- This is how Dr APJ Abdul Kalam looked when he was a kid!
- Govt reviews porn ban order, blocks only child pornography-related websites
- Yakub Memon's last words before he was hanged - 'I pardon you'
- 'Idiots are lined up at every step': Young IAS officer's fight against sexual harassment