Shahi Imam Bukhari is a `blackmailer`: SP
Etawah: Vice-chairman of UP Ganna Sansthan, Ram Sewak Yadav, Tuesday termed Shahi Imam of Delhi`s Jama Masjid Maulana Ahmed Bukhari as a "blackmailer" and alleged that he takes "advantage" from government.
The vice-chairman, who enjoys the status of minister of state, alleged that in a bid to send his men to Rajya Sabha, the Shahi Imam was making absurd statements to create pressure on the SP government and its leaders.
Yadav, who was here to attend a convention of SP workers, alleged that Bukahri was a "blackmailer", who takes advantage from the government.
He also claimed that not a single prominent cleric attended Bukhari`s meeting in Etawah on April 21.
Bukhari was not contactable for comments.
The attack from SP came two days after Bukhari showered praise on Mayawati, saying that if anyone knows how to rule, it is only the BSP supremo.
Addressing a rally in SP chief Mulayam Singh Yadav`s native place on April 21, the Shahi Imam claimed that Mayawati`s regime was better than the present Akhilesh Yadav-led SP government in the state.
He alleged the state government was cheating Muslims who were feeling insecure under the current dispensation.
"In this country if anyone knows how to rule, it is only Mayawati. We hope the manner in which she had uplifted Dalits, she will also improve the lot of Muslims," Bukhari said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- Indian aid worker Judith D'Souza rescued from captors in Afghanistan returns home
- 80 killed, over 200 injured in twin suicide bomb attacks on Kabul protesters; Islamic State claims responsibility
- MUST WATCH: One to be treasured! Virat Kohli's 200 and Sunil Gavaskar's generous applause
- SCOPE for accountability check of NGOs getting funds from PSUs
- Govt to invest Rs 200 crore on scaling up existing incubators