Shahi Imam Bukhari is a `blackmailer`: SP
Etawah: Vice-chairman of UP Ganna Sansthan, Ram Sewak Yadav, Tuesday termed Shahi Imam of Delhi`s Jama Masjid Maulana Ahmed Bukhari as a "blackmailer" and alleged that he takes "advantage" from government.
The vice-chairman, who enjoys the status of minister of state, alleged that in a bid to send his men to Rajya Sabha, the Shahi Imam was making absurd statements to create pressure on the SP government and its leaders.
Yadav, who was here to attend a convention of SP workers, alleged that Bukahri was a "blackmailer", who takes advantage from the government.
He also claimed that not a single prominent cleric attended Bukhari`s meeting in Etawah on April 21.
Bukhari was not contactable for comments.
The attack from SP came two days after Bukhari showered praise on Mayawati, saying that if anyone knows how to rule, it is only the BSP supremo.
Addressing a rally in SP chief Mulayam Singh Yadav`s native place on April 21, the Shahi Imam claimed that Mayawati`s regime was better than the present Akhilesh Yadav-led SP government in the state.
He alleged the state government was cheating Muslims who were feeling insecure under the current dispensation.
"In this country if anyone knows how to rule, it is only Mayawati. We hope the manner in which she had uplifted Dalits, she will also improve the lot of Muslims," Bukhari said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price