Shamli rape case: Police arrest all six accused
Muzzafarnagar: Police on Wednesday claimed to have arrested all six accused in the Shamli gang-rape case.
"Six accused including two friends of the victim have been arrested yesterday in connection with the case," SP Abdul Hameed said.
The accused were produced in the court today and sent to 14 day-judicial custody.
A 21-year-old girl was allegedly abducted and gang-raped by six persons on Saturday in Shamli district near here.
Police had imposed prohibitory orders yesterday in the district following protest by BJP in which vehicles and shops were allegedly damaged by the protesters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'