Shankaracharya Swaroopanand for `only` Ram temple at Ayodhya
Jamshedpur: Shankaracharya Swami Swaroopanand Sarswati on Sunday favoured the construction of "only a Ram temple" at the disputed site in Ayodhya and appealed to Muslim community leaders to cooperate in the process.
"The land should not be divided ...We want no other structure but a Ram temple on the land," the Shankaracharya of Dwarikapeeth and Jyotipeeth, who is also president of Sree Ram Janambhoomi Punarodwar Samiti, told newsmen here.
The land should be free from all controversy and handed over to Ramalaya Trust, formed in 1991 by Hindu holy men, for construction of the temple, he said, appealing Muslim leaders to cooperate.
Asked whether the Samiti, which is a party to the Ayodhya dispute, will move the apex court to claim the entire land, he said, "Yes, if the other parties - the Sunni Wakf Board and Nirmohi Akhara who have already challenged the
Allahabad High Court verdict in Supreme court, stick to their
Referring to the judgement of the Lucknow bench of Allahabad High Court, he said it should not be made an issue for confrontation between the two communities. "Vested interests are politicising the issue as they wanted it to
continue for their own political gains."
He criticised Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav for describing the High Court judgement as an `injustice` for the Muslim community saying it was only a `political stunt` to lure the minority community.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH