Shankaracharya Swaroopanand for `only` Ram temple at Ayodhya
Jamshedpur: Shankaracharya Swami Swaroopanand Sarswati on Sunday favoured the construction of "only a Ram temple" at the disputed site in Ayodhya and appealed to Muslim community leaders to cooperate in the process.
"The land should not be divided ...We want no other structure but a Ram temple on the land," the Shankaracharya of Dwarikapeeth and Jyotipeeth, who is also president of Sree Ram Janambhoomi Punarodwar Samiti, told newsmen here.
The land should be free from all controversy and handed over to Ramalaya Trust, formed in 1991 by Hindu holy men, for construction of the temple, he said, appealing Muslim leaders to cooperate.
Asked whether the Samiti, which is a party to the Ayodhya dispute, will move the apex court to claim the entire land, he said, "Yes, if the other parties - the Sunni Wakf Board and Nirmohi Akhara who have already challenged the
Allahabad High Court verdict in Supreme court, stick to their
Referring to the judgement of the Lucknow bench of Allahabad High Court, he said it should not be made an issue for confrontation between the two communities. "Vested interests are politicising the issue as they wanted it to
continue for their own political gains."
He criticised Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav for describing the High Court judgement as an `injustice` for the Muslim community saying it was only a `political stunt` to lure the minority community.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'