Shia Board demands representation in UP Cabinet
Jaunpur: Unhappy over lack of representation of Shia Muslims in the Akilesh Yadav Cabinet in Uttar Pradesh, an organisation representing them said the community would not support the ruling Samajwadi Party in the Lok Sabha elections.
"If the state government fails to give representation to Shias, All India Shia Personal Law Board in its meeting slated to be held in two weeks` time would deliberate on the issue and formulate its future strategy," spokesman of the Board, Maulana Yasoob Abbas said.
"Shias had fully backed the ruling party in the assembly elections but they were later ignored while all others were given representation in the ministry...We will not tolerate this," Abbas said.
Referring to Shadab Fatima (MLA), Bukkal Nawab (MLC) and former legislator Abbas Ali Zaidi (all Shias), he said the government can make them minister or chairperson of any commission.
Abbas warned that if the government failed to give Shias their due, they would not support the SP in the Lok Sabha elections.
Meanwhile, chairman of Shia Jagran Manch Maulana Mehdi Hasan also said Shias were feeling let down by the Akhilesh Yadav government.
Rooting for ministerial berth for Shadab Fatima, he said if the demand was not met, his organisation would unite Shias and launch an anti-SP campaign.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29