Shia personal law board favours mediation on Ayodhya verdict
Muzaffarnagar: With mulling over the implications of the Supreme Court verdict on Ayodhya title suits from various quarters, All India Shia Personal Law Board (AIMPLB) has said that Muslims would respect the verdict and appealed to maintain peace.
Favouring initiation of talks between the two communities involved, (AIMPLB) president Maulana Mirza Mohammad Athar said, "the Muslims would respect the verdict as such but initiating negotiations through talks and mediation is a right direction."
He said the Supreme Court is the last hope for all the parties and respecting its verdict, people should ensure that peace and communal harmony in the country is not disturbed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video