Shia personal law board favours mediation on Ayodhya verdict
Muzaffarnagar: With mulling over the implications of the Supreme Court verdict on Ayodhya title suits from various quarters, All India Shia Personal Law Board (AIMPLB) has said that Muslims would respect the verdict and appealed to maintain peace.
Favouring initiation of talks between the two communities involved, (AIMPLB) president Maulana Mirza Mohammad Athar said, "the Muslims would respect the verdict as such but initiating negotiations through talks and mediation is a right direction."
He said the Supreme Court is the last hope for all the parties and respecting its verdict, people should ensure that peace and communal harmony in the country is not disturbed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician