Shia, Sunni clash leaves 15 injured in Muzaffarnagar
Muzaffarnagar: Atleast 15 persons were
injured following clashes between Shias and Sunnis after a
violent mob of Shias allegedly burnt down several shops and
damaged property at Rithala village under Meerapur police
station here this evening.
According to police, trouble arose, when fire broke out
in a religious place of the Shias and violent mob burnt 12
shops and looted property.
Senior police officials rushed to the spot and brought
the situation under control, police sources said.
Meanwhile, tension continue to prevail in the area and
extra police force was deployed control the situation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- 'Mann ki Baat': World is keen to know more about India, says PM Modi
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak