Shivpal, Azam probable candidates for ministers
Lucknow: The strength of the Akhilesh Yadav
ministry will be small and initially 10 to 15 Samajwadi Party
leaders are likely to be inducted as ministers, party sources
said here today.
The names of Shivpal Singh Yadav, brother of SP supremo
Mulayam Singh Yadav, and party`s Muslim face Mohammad Azam
are doing the rounds for ministerial berths.
Other probable candidates for ministeral berths are
youth leader Abhishek Mishra, who romped home from Lucknow,
and Tejnarain Pandey alias Pawan Pandey, who won from Ayodhya,
the sources said.
Arvind Singh Gope, elected from the Barabanki district,
and Muslim leaders Ahmad Hasan and Waqar Ahmad Shah are also
likely to be sworn-in as ministers, they said.
Ten to 15 party leaders are likely to take oath along
with Akhilesh on March 15, they said.
Leaders of like-minded parties are expected to attend
the swearing-in ceremony, the sources said.
38-year-old Akhilesh Yadav, architect of his party`s
spectacular win in the Uttar Pradesh assembly election, will
be sworn-in as the youngest Chief Minister of the state on
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan