Shivpal, Azam probable candidates for ministers
Lucknow: The strength of the Akhilesh Yadav
ministry will be small and initially 10 to 15 Samajwadi Party
leaders are likely to be inducted as ministers, party sources
said here today.
The names of Shivpal Singh Yadav, brother of SP supremo
Mulayam Singh Yadav, and party`s Muslim face Mohammad Azam
are doing the rounds for ministerial berths.
Other probable candidates for ministeral berths are
youth leader Abhishek Mishra, who romped home from Lucknow,
and Tejnarain Pandey alias Pawan Pandey, who won from Ayodhya,
the sources said.
Arvind Singh Gope, elected from the Barabanki district,
and Muslim leaders Ahmad Hasan and Waqar Ahmad Shah are also
likely to be sworn-in as ministers, they said.
Ten to 15 party leaders are likely to take oath along
with Akhilesh on March 15, they said.
Leaders of like-minded parties are expected to attend
the swearing-in ceremony, the sources said.
38-year-old Akhilesh Yadav, architect of his party`s
spectacular win in the Uttar Pradesh assembly election, will
be sworn-in as the youngest Chief Minister of the state on
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- WOAH! Cristiano Ronaldo opens own 'CR7' hotel, gives name to airport
- Usain Bolt eases to victory, Kendra Harrison hurdles to glory
- Oil dives 2%, heads for weekly loss as US rigs rise
- German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at Munich shopping mall; police say he acted alone
- Body unnoticed in Australian fast-food outlet for days