Shivpal, Azam probable candidates for ministers
Lucknow: The strength of the Akhilesh Yadav
ministry will be small and initially 10 to 15 Samajwadi Party
leaders are likely to be inducted as ministers, party sources
said here today.
The names of Shivpal Singh Yadav, brother of SP supremo
Mulayam Singh Yadav, and party`s Muslim face Mohammad Azam
are doing the rounds for ministerial berths.
Other probable candidates for ministeral berths are
youth leader Abhishek Mishra, who romped home from Lucknow,
and Tejnarain Pandey alias Pawan Pandey, who won from Ayodhya,
the sources said.
Arvind Singh Gope, elected from the Barabanki district,
and Muslim leaders Ahmad Hasan and Waqar Ahmad Shah are also
likely to be sworn-in as ministers, they said.
Ten to 15 party leaders are likely to take oath along
with Akhilesh on March 15, they said.
Leaders of like-minded parties are expected to attend
the swearing-in ceremony, the sources said.
38-year-old Akhilesh Yadav, architect of his party`s
spectacular win in the Uttar Pradesh assembly election, will
be sworn-in as the youngest Chief Minister of the state on
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you