Shivpal dismisses Mayawati`s charge on life threat
Lucknow: Reacting to BSP supremo and ex-CM Mayawati`s reported statement that her life was under threat from the present government, senior SP leader and Uttar Pradesh Minister Shivpal Yadav on Monday said that no one faced any threat in the SP regime.
"In our (SP) regime, there is no threat to anyone. She (Mayawati) is afraid as she was involved in a number of scams", senior party leader Shivpal Singh Yadav told reporters in reply to a question.
Mayawati, at a rally in Agra had alleged that her security has been drastically reduced by the SP-led Uttar Pradesh government which has adversely affected her movement.
"If anything happens to me, the Centre and the state government should be held accountable for it," she had said.
Shivpal, however ruled out the allegations and said that SP government was committed to punishing those involved in scams in previous regime and added that maintaining law and order was among top priorities of the government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video