Shivpal dismisses Mayawati`s charge on life threat
Lucknow: Reacting to BSP supremo and ex-CM Mayawati`s reported statement that her life was under threat from the present government, senior SP leader and Uttar Pradesh Minister Shivpal Yadav on Monday said that no one faced any threat in the SP regime.
"In our (SP) regime, there is no threat to anyone. She (Mayawati) is afraid as she was involved in a number of scams", senior party leader Shivpal Singh Yadav told reporters in reply to a question.
Mayawati, at a rally in Agra had alleged that her security has been drastically reduced by the SP-led Uttar Pradesh government which has adversely affected her movement.
"If anything happens to me, the Centre and the state government should be held accountable for it," she had said.
Shivpal, however ruled out the allegations and said that SP government was committed to punishing those involved in scams in previous regime and added that maintaining law and order was among top priorities of the government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!