Shivpal Yadav`s advice to officials: Work hard to steal a little
Etah (UP): “If you work hard, you can steal a little,” is what Uttar Pradesh Public Works Department Minister and Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav`s uncle Shivpal Yadav is reported to have told PWD officials in the state.
However shocking it may seem to others, for Shivpal Yadav it was okay if district officials in Etah swindled a little in return for their hard work, but not go on to loot people or the state.
"I told PWD officials that if you work hard, you can steal a little but not behave like dacoits," Yadav is reported to have said officials at a meeting yesterday.
However, Yadav sought to do a U-turn today clarifying he had not propagated corruption.
“A debate was going on (at the meeting) on cheating and corruption. The previous government was involved in dacoity. I was telling officials how to stop stealing public money and dacoity. We cannot tolerate corruption. 100 percent there should be no compromise on corruption,” Yadav told a press conference, adding media did not present his full statement.
Earlier, reacting to the remarks, UP Congress chief Rita Bahuguna Joshi said, “If the minister himself says so, then there will be no end to corruption.”
Joshi further said she condemns the remarks.
BSP’s Sudheendra Bhadoria hit out at the SP government, saying there was ‘jungleraaj’ in the state.
“Mayawati ji had said earlier that people will regret electing SP,” Bhadoria added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra