SHO gets 2 months in jail for contempt of court
Muzaffarnagar: A local court here has sentenced four persons, including an SHO, to two months of imprisonment for contempt of court.
Civil Judge Narendra Kumar yesterday held Jogendra Kalja, former SHO of Ramraj police station, guilty of contempt of court in a judicial proceeding in connection with a property dispute in 2012.
Besides Kalja, three persons from the opposite party in the case -- one Brijender, his wife Bina and his brother Lilu -- have also been convicted and sentenced for two months` imprisonment.
The court also ordered to attache their property.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery