SHO suspended as locals hold protest over salesman`s murder in UP
Varanasi: A Station House Officer (SHO) in the district has been suspended as locals held protest, demanding his removal after a salesman of a jewellery shop here was shot dead by unidentified attackers.
Chowk police station SHO Harinath Tripathi was suspended by Superintendent of Police Rajesh Modak yesterday after protests against the murder of the salesman, police said today.
The locals were protesting against the killing and demanded suspension of the SHO in the area.
Unidentified attackers had shot dead Hare Krishnan Aggarwal (39), a salesman in a jewellery shop in Sudia-Hundi, in Chowk area on January 16.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror