SHO suspended as locals hold protest over salesman`s murder in UP
Varanasi: A Station House Officer (SHO) in the district has been suspended as locals held protest, demanding his removal after a salesman of a jewellery shop here was shot dead by unidentified attackers.
Chowk police station SHO Harinath Tripathi was suspended by Superintendent of Police Rajesh Modak yesterday after protests against the murder of the salesman, police said today.
The locals were protesting against the killing and demanded suspension of the SHO in the area.
Unidentified attackers had shot dead Hare Krishnan Aggarwal (39), a salesman in a jewellery shop in Sudia-Hundi, in Chowk area on January 16.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Wow! This self-driving robot can deliver food to your door (Watch)
- 2nd conviction in coal scam; 3 top officials of Rathi steel convicted
- Photo alert! ‘Baazigar’ jodi Shah Rukh Khan-Shilpa Shetty looks like this now
- Flipkart-owned Myntra acquires Jabong for an undisclosed amount
- Sandeep Dikshit unhappy with Ajay Maken? Says can't accept a leadership whose objective was to discredit Sheila Dikshit