SHO suspended as locals hold protest over salesman`s murder
Varanasi: A Station House Officer in the district has been suspended as locals held protest, demanding his removal after a salesman of a jewellery shop here was shot dead by unidentified attackers.
Chowk police station SHO Harinath Tripathi was suspended by Superintendent of Police Rajesh Modak yesterday after protests against the murder of the salesman, police said today.
The locals were protesting against the killing and demanded suspension of the SHO in the area.
Unidentified attackers had shot dead Hare Krishnan Aggarwal (39), a salesman in a jewellery shop in Sudia-Hundi, in Chowk area on January 16.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'