SHO suspended as locals hold protest over salesman`s murder
Varanasi: A Station House Officer in the district has been suspended as locals held protest, demanding his removal after a salesman of a jewellery shop here was shot dead by unidentified attackers.
Chowk police station SHO Harinath Tripathi was suspended by Superintendent of Police Rajesh Modak yesterday after protests against the murder of the salesman, police said today.
The locals were protesting against the killing and demanded suspension of the SHO in the area.
Unidentified attackers had shot dead Hare Krishnan Aggarwal (39), a salesman in a jewellery shop in Sudia-Hundi, in Chowk area on January 16.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui