SHO suspended as locals hold protest over salesman`s murder
Varanasi: A Station House Officer in the district has been suspended as locals held protest, demanding his removal after a salesman of a jewellery shop here was shot dead by unidentified attackers.
Chowk police station SHO Harinath Tripathi was suspended by Superintendent of Police Rajesh Modak yesterday after protests against the murder of the salesman, police said today.
The locals were protesting against the killing and demanded suspension of the SHO in the area.
Unidentified attackers had shot dead Hare Krishnan Aggarwal (39), a salesman in a jewellery shop in Sudia-Hundi, in Chowk area on January 16.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000