Shobhan Sarkar writes to PM seeking transparency in Unnao gold excavation
Unnao: With the excavation for "dream gold" at the Raja Rao Ram Baksh Singh`s fort here yielding no result, saint Shobhan Sarkar has shot off letters to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav seeking transparency in the ongoing excavation.
Sarkar sent the letters yesterday, demanding amendment to the Indian Treasure Trove Act so that the recovered gold could be handed over to the Reserve Bank of India.
He also sought complete transparency in the ongoing excavation and asked the government to allow common people to the site and live media coverage of the excavation.
Sub-divisional magistrate Vijay Shanker Dubey said 70 cms and 30 cms were dug up respectively in two blocks after breaking the rocky base at the fort at Daundiya Kheda village today, but there is still no sight of the treasure on the 15th day of excavation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical