Show cause to Firozabad SDM for not depositing EVMs
Firozabad: The District Election officer
(DEO) on Monday ordered to register an FIR against those officers
responsible for not depositing a number of EVMs even after two
days of the Parliamentary by-elections here.
The matter came to light when supporters of Congress
candidate Raj Babbar protested at the Tehsil office alleging
that the EVMs were brought there today, two days after
elections held on November 7.
"As many as 82 EVMs were not deposited at the Tehsil
office. These EVMs, many of which were found empty, were today
brought at the Tehsil office," Raj Babbar told PTI alleging
Taking note of the allegation, DEO N G Ravi ordered to
register an FIR against the guilty officers while issuing a
show cause notices to tehsildar and SDM on the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read