Shutting malls at 7pm was a suggestion: Ajam Khan
Lucknow: A day after UP labour department asked malls and commercial establishments to pull down their shutters after 7 pm, parliamentary affairs minister in UP government Ajam Khan said it was just a “suggestion”.
“It was just a suggestion by the Uttar Pradesh labour department. It is not that we are going to implement it”, Khan said.
In a bid to address power crisis in Uttar Pradesh, UP labour department revised the timings of opening and closing of malls, shops and restaurants.
The UP Power Corporation Limited has already imposed ban on use of power for decorative lighting and hoardings after 8.30 pm.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa