Shutting malls at 7pm was a suggestion: Ajam Khan
Lucknow: A day after UP labour department asked malls and commercial establishments to pull down their shutters after 7 pm, parliamentary affairs minister in UP government Ajam Khan said it was just a “suggestion”.
“It was just a suggestion by the Uttar Pradesh labour department. It is not that we are going to implement it”, Khan said.
In a bid to address power crisis in Uttar Pradesh, UP labour department revised the timings of opening and closing of malls, shops and restaurants.
The UP Power Corporation Limited has already imposed ban on use of power for decorative lighting and hoardings after 8.30 pm.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highest paid actress or not? Kangana Ranaut charged Rs 3 cr for 'Rangoon'
- PM Modi to launch BJP govt's two-year anniversary celebrations, releases 'Transforming India' anthem's video
- 7th Pay Commission: Doctors in govt hospitals in Delhi go on strike
- Jacqueline Fernandez oozes sensuality in plunging neckline – See Pics
- Africa Day event to be held today after India allays 'Afrophobia' fears: Report