Siddiqui leaves Cong, joins SP
Lucknow: Fakir Siddiqui, who had contested the 2012 Assembly elections on Congress ticket from Lucknow Central seat, on Sunday joined Samajwadi Party.
Siddiqui has last week sent his resignation to the Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi alleging that party had failed to come up to the expectations of the common man.
Siddiqui, who was in SP had joined Congress during 2012 assembly polls and had lost Lucknow central seat to SP candidate Ravidas Mehrotra.
SP spokesman Rajendra Chowdhury, who appeared before media with Siddiqui said that his joining the party would strengthen it.
Asked about the suspension of IAS officer Durga Shakti Nagpal, Chowdhury said that the matter was in knowledge of Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav and he would do the needful.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress