Siddiqui leaves Cong, joins SP
Lucknow: Fakir Siddiqui, who had contested the 2012 Assembly elections on Congress ticket from Lucknow Central seat, on Sunday joined Samajwadi Party.
Siddiqui has last week sent his resignation to the Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi alleging that party had failed to come up to the expectations of the common man.
Siddiqui, who was in SP had joined Congress during 2012 assembly polls and had lost Lucknow central seat to SP candidate Ravidas Mehrotra.
SP spokesman Rajendra Chowdhury, who appeared before media with Siddiqui said that his joining the party would strengthen it.
Asked about the suspension of IAS officer Durga Shakti Nagpal, Chowdhury said that the matter was in knowledge of Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav and he would do the needful.
- E-vehicle maker Clean Motion to invest $10 million in India
- Must watch VIDEO: This is possibly the best ever catch of IPL
- BCCI secretary Anurag Thakur proposes 10 years of jail term for fixers in private bill
- After Uttarakhand, now Himachal faces the brunt of forest fires, 50 ha of woodland destroyed
- Good News: Flying from IGI Airport becomes cheaper from May 1