Siddiqui leaves Cong, joins SP
Lucknow: Fakir Siddiqui, who had contested the 2012 Assembly elections on Congress ticket from Lucknow Central seat, on Sunday joined Samajwadi Party.
Siddiqui has last week sent his resignation to the Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi alleging that party had failed to come up to the expectations of the common man.
Siddiqui, who was in SP had joined Congress during 2012 assembly polls and had lost Lucknow central seat to SP candidate Ravidas Mehrotra.
SP spokesman Rajendra Chowdhury, who appeared before media with Siddiqui said that his joining the party would strengthen it.
Asked about the suspension of IAS officer Durga Shakti Nagpal, Chowdhury said that the matter was in knowledge of Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav and he would do the needful.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed