Sidelining of BJP leaders a conspiracy against Brahmins: SP
Lucknow: Samajwadi Party on Monday termed "sidelining" of senior BJP leaders a "conspiracy" by Narendra Modi and Rajnath Singh against the Brahmin community and said the party was no more in the battle for Lok Sabha elections in Uttar Pradesh due to internal bickering.
"The way in which senior leaders like Murli Manohar Joshi, Kalraj Mishra, Kesrinath Tripathi were sidelined in the party shows that there is a bigger conspiracy against the Brahmin community by BJP leaders (Narendra) Modi and (Rajnath) Singh. The BJP will be no more in fight in UP due to internal bickering," state Agriculture Minister and senior SP leader Manoj Kumar Pandey told reporters here.
Pandey, who is the state president of Samajwadi Party Prabuddha Sabha, the party`s intellectual wing, said though it was internal matter of BJP, he was pained at the "insult" of senior leaders in the party.
"Brahmins are not foolish. They are noticing the insult and will give their reply in elections," he said.
On the "har har Modi" slogan used by BJP workers to hail their prime ministerial nominee, Pandey said equating Modi with `Mahadev` (Lord Shiva) was not justified and the party would have to face its repercussions in the polls.
Pandey said to garner support for SP, he would hold 11 meetings in west UP and Bundelkhand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan