Silver plate from idol found missing in Varanasi
Varanasi: A silver plate weighing about
50 grams has been found missing from an idol of a temple here,
police said on Wednesday.
"The plate was placed on an ancient Ganesh idol years
back. The idol was decorated on Monday and cleaned by priest
Guru Prasad Tiwari the following day. After the temple
cleaning was complete, the plate was found missing," the
priest told the police here.
It is not clear whether the plate has been stolen or
misplaced by the priest while cleaning the idol, however, we
have filed a report on request of the temple priests, police
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part V
- Narsingh Yadav doping controversy: Who's to blame?
- Narsingh Yadav doping controversy: Who's to blame? - Part II
- NADA likely to declare verdict on wrestler Narsingh Yadav's doping case on Thursday
- DNA: Analysis of crime, fraud and corruption during election in POK
- Shot putter Inderjeet Singh passes second dope test; NADA awaits July 10 and 11 results
- US Presidential Elections: I've nothing to do with Russia, says Donald Trump as Democrats accuse Moscow of helping him
- M&M incorporates Mahindra Airways as wholly-owned subsidiary
- Airtel proposes Rs 30 crore annual package to Sunil Mittal
- Chinese soldiers spotted in Uttarakhand's Chamoli; defence ministry says 'no incursion'