Singhvi avoids commenting on allegations on Mayawati`s brother
New Delhi: Congress MP Abhishek Manu Singhvi on Thursday refused to comment on reports of alleged dubious financial transactions by companies allegedly owned by Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) supremo Mayawati`s brother, saying these are matters which are heavily sub-judice in different courts.
"Look, these are matters which are heavily sub-judice in different courts. Indeed, one or two of them have been finally decided on the income tax side by the Delhi High Court. So, it would not be appropriate to comment on the merits," said Singhvi.
"However, when questions are raised, I suppose accountability requires answers, and the court will have to look into those answers, not me or you," he added.
In the wake of allegations of questionable financial transaction worth crores of rupees against companies allegedly owned by Mayawati`s brother Anand Kumar, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) had earlier this week demanded a thorough probe into the entire episode and questioned the Congress-led UPA II Government`s intentions on the issue in view of the support extended to it by her party.
"We reiterate that it is a major case of corruption which we see here, that the brother of Mayawati is running apparently 76-odd companies, most of which have no activities to claim," said BJP spokesperson Nirmala Sitharaman.
"Is there something that is stopping the Congress Government from taking action against an alliance partner chief`s brother?" she asked.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price