Sink differences, work hard for LS polls: Rahul Gandhi to Congress workers
Amethi: Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi on Thursday exhorted party workers to sink their differences and factionalism and work hard for the Lok Sabha elections, due next year.
"There is a need for participation of youths in politics...We have to work together for making the country and Congress stronger..Sink enmity and factionalism and work for 2014 general polls," a party worker quoted Gandhi as telling the participants of two-day youth Congress training camp, which concluded today in Jagdishpur.
On the complaint of neglect by leaders, Gandhi said workers are the leaders and there is no question of ignoring them.
Giving indications of change in the organisational structure here, Gandhi said there is a need for big reshuffle and work is on in this direction.
Lamenting that the party was not able to project the good works being undertaken by the central government, he said that youth Congress workers have a major responsibility in this direction.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister