SIT begins probe into 10 missing cases in Muzaffarnagar riots
Muzaffarnagar: The Special Investigation Team (SIT) probing the Muzaffarnagar riots has begun probe into the cases of 10 missing persons, who were considered to have been killed in Lisadh village here.
Of the 13 people reported missing from the village, 3 bodies have been recovered so far. Family members of the remaining ten have registered cases in this connection, SIT sources said.
SIT has started investigating each case separately, after recording the statements of their families.
SIT would also produce eye witnesses before the court for recording their statements, they said.
"Police has registered a case against some people under sections 302 IPC (murder) and 201 (causing disappearance of the evidence or giving false information) in this connection. The investigation is still in progress," SIT inspector Matadeen said.
Sources said that the investigation started only after the family members approached the Supreme Court and it directed the state government to investigate the matter.
District authorities have also recommended the missing cases to the government, for providing relief to the kith an the victims. However, the state government is yet to take a call on the proposal.
Meanwhile, the family members have recorded their statements in a separate case in which a couple Azmuddin and his wife Aleeman were killed and thier bodies were burnt by the rioters at their house in the same village.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- V Narayanaswamy to be new chief minister of Puducherry
- PM Modi controlling large chunk of media, alleges Arvind Kejriwal
- Blast at Trinamool victory rally in West Bengal, nine injured
- Bihar Class 10th Result 2016, Bihar Matric Results 2016: (biharboard.bih.nic.in), BSEB 10th Result 2016 to be declared tomorrow on May 29
- Shahid Kapoor-Alia Bhatt's 'Udta Punjab' is not banned, tweets Anurag Kashyap!