Six arrested for betting on Asia Cup opener
Agra: Six people have been arrested here for allegedly betting on the opening match of the Asia Cup, police said.
The accused were arrested by the New Agra police in a raid at a flat, where the six accused were watching the Sri Lanka- Pakistan match, City SP Siddarth Pankaj said.
They had bet several lakhs on the match. An LED television, a laptop, twenty mobile sets and other materials were seized from their possession and hunt is on detect the network of the bookies, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble