Six arrested for betting on Asia Cup opener
Agra: Six people have been arrested here for allegedly betting on the opening match of the Asia Cup, police said.
The accused were arrested by the New Agra police in a raid at a flat, where the six accused were watching the Sri Lanka- Pakistan match, City SP Siddarth Pankaj said.
They had bet several lakhs on the match. An LED television, a laptop, twenty mobile sets and other materials were seized from their possession and hunt is on detect the network of the bookies, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed