Six buried alive in Uttar Pradesh as mud caves in
Fatehpur: Six persons, including two children, were on Thursday buried alive as a mound of mud caved in while they were doing construction work in Suketi village of Ghazipur area, police said.
The incident took place when a mound of mud fell on a group of 20-25 people while they were involved in digging for the construction of a house, they said.
While four women and two children died on the spot, three persons were admitted to the hospital where their condition was stated to be stable, they added.
Senior officials have reached the village and rescue operation was on at the site, where some more persons are suspected to be trapped.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference