Six child labourers rescued from Lucknow University canteen
Lucknow: Six child labourers working in
canteens at Lucknow University have been rescued by a team of
the Uttar Pradesh Labour department, sources said here Thursday.
Nirmal, Neeraj, Rahim, Abdullah, Manish and Hasan -- all
aged between 10-14 years, were rescued yesterday from canteens
owned by private operators in the Univeristy, they said.
The children were later sent to a shelter and notices
have been served to the canteen owners.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Suresh Raina denies Lalit Modi's match-fixing allegation, mulls legal action against former IPL boss
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by Fadnavis, Rijiju; Aviation Minister apologises