Six child labourers rescued from Lucknow University canteen
Lucknow: Six child labourers working in
canteens at Lucknow University have been rescued by a team of
the Uttar Pradesh Labour department, sources said here Thursday.
Nirmal, Neeraj, Rahim, Abdullah, Manish and Hasan -- all
aged between 10-14 years, were rescued yesterday from canteens
owned by private operators in the Univeristy, they said.
The children were later sent to a shelter and notices
have been served to the canteen owners.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Narsingh Yadav doping controversy: Who's to blame?
- Narsingh Yadav doping controversy: Who's to blame? - Part II
- NADA likely to declare verdict on wrestler Narsingh Yadav's doping case on Thursday
- DNA: Analysis of crime, fraud and corruption during election in POK
- DNA: Analysis of crime, fraud and corruption during election in POK - Part II
- Airtel proposes Rs 30 crore annual package to Sunil Mittal
- Chinese soldiers spotted in Uttarakhand's Chamoli; defence ministry says 'no incursion'
- US Presidential Elections: Donald Trump could win, warns Barack Obama
- Delhi Transport Minister says 17 auto unions end strike; union leader denies
- World at war over money, not religious faith, says Pope