Six child labourers rescued from Lucknow University canteen
Lucknow: Six child labourers working in
canteens at Lucknow University have been rescued by a team of
the Uttar Pradesh Labour department, sources said here Thursday.
Nirmal, Neeraj, Rahim, Abdullah, Manish and Hasan -- all
aged between 10-14 years, were rescued yesterday from canteens
owned by private operators in the Univeristy, they said.
The children were later sent to a shelter and notices
have been served to the canteen owners.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui