Six child labourers rescued from Lucknow University canteen
Lucknow: Six child labourers working in
canteens at Lucknow University have been rescued by a team of
the Uttar Pradesh Labour department, sources said here Thursday.
Nirmal, Neeraj, Rahim, Abdullah, Manish and Hasan -- all
aged between 10-14 years, were rescued yesterday from canteens
owned by private operators in the Univeristy, they said.
The children were later sent to a shelter and notices
have been served to the canteen owners.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends