Six decomposed bodies found in UP canal
Lucknow: Six decomposed bodies, including that of a woman and three children, have been found in a car submerged in a canal in Uttar Pradesh`s Etawah district, police said Saturday.
The incident took place in Jaswantnagar.
The deceased have all been identified as a family from Kanpur who had ventured on a pilgrimage July 27 but had gone missing after a day.
The car`s roof was Saturday spotted in the canal. The railings of a bridge were also found broken.
Divers were pressed into service after which the six badly decomposed bodies were recovered from the car. Police said the bodies have been sent for an autopsy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!