Six decomposed bodies found in UP canal
Lucknow: Six decomposed bodies, including that of a woman and three children, have been found in a car submerged in a canal in Uttar Pradesh`s Etawah district, police said Saturday.
The incident took place in Jaswantnagar.
The deceased have all been identified as a family from Kanpur who had ventured on a pilgrimage July 27 but had gone missing after a day.
The car`s roof was Saturday spotted in the canal. The railings of a bridge were also found broken.
Divers were pressed into service after which the six badly decomposed bodies were recovered from the car. Police said the bodies have been sent for an autopsy.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- North Korea gives Korean-American 10 years hard labour: Report
- Six minors killed in house blaze in Uttar Pradesh
- Shrinking US presence in Afghanistan creates security concerns: Report
- Bangladesh pacer Shahadat Hossain apologizes for torturing 11-year-old girl, asks for end to ban
- Bipasha Basu, Karan Singh Grover's special YOGA session before wedding!