Six die in hooch tragedy in Ghaziabad
Ghaziabad: At least six persons died and
five others were hospitalised after consuming spurious liquor
in Kannaur village in Garh Mukteshwar near here, officials
said on Saturday.
About one dozen people yesterday consumed the spurious
liquor in Garh Mukteshwar, about 60 km from here, district
magistrate R Ramesh Kumar said.
Four persons died yesterday while seven were rushed to
hospital, of which two more succumbed there, Kumar said.
Ahead of Holi, two villagers -- Ajay Kumar (35) and
Jitender(32), allegedly brought adulterated liquor for sale in
the village, and the dead included the duo also, he said.
Later, police raided the village and seized over 100
litres of spurious liquor.
Meanwhile, two policemen MK Sharma and Satish Kumar were
suspended in this connection, officials said.
A case against unidentified manufacturer of the spurious
liquor has been registered and sample of the seized product
sent for laboratory tests.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok