Six get life imprisonment in Revati Singh murder case
Muzaffarnagar (UP): Six persons were on Tuesday handed life imprisonment by a local court in the murder case of Revati Singh, wife of senior BJP leader Hukum Singh.
Additional District Sessions Judge Raj Bahadur also imposed a fine of Rs 5,000 each on the accused Shankar, Jashod, Ravi, Pradeep, Sunil and Ashok.
Another accused Lallan was acquitted by the court due to lack of evidences.
Revati Singh, 75, wife of the BJP leader in Uttar Pradesh Assembly, was murdered and Rs 78 lakh in cash and ornaments were looted from their house here on July 30, 2010.
Police had later arrested seven persons, including domestic help Shankar, and recovered Rs 52.80 lakh from them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is India indulging in peace talks with Pak despite its terrorism-inducing diplomacy?
- Why is India indulging in peace talks with Pak despite its terrorism-inducing diplomacy? - Part II
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Raunchiest Olympics ever: Record number of condoms for 2016 Rio athletes
- Donald Trump says US could pull out of World Trade Organization
- Premier Futsal: Mumbai 5's crowned champions of inaugural edition
- 'Munich gunman planned shooting for a year, chose victims randomly'
- Unlikely sporting star Chris Froome wins third Tour de France, seals place amongst greats