Six get life imprisonment in Revati Singh murder case
Muzaffarnagar (UP): Six persons were on Tuesday handed life imprisonment by a local court in the murder case of Revati Singh, wife of senior BJP leader Hukum Singh.
Additional District Sessions Judge Raj Bahadur also imposed a fine of Rs 5,000 each on the accused Shankar, Jashod, Ravi, Pradeep, Sunil and Ashok.
Another accused Lallan was acquitted by the court due to lack of evidences.
Revati Singh, 75, wife of the BJP leader in Uttar Pradesh Assembly, was murdered and Rs 78 lakh in cash and ornaments were looted from their house here on July 30, 2010.
Police had later arrested seven persons, including domestic help Shankar, and recovered Rs 52.80 lakh from them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?