Six get life imprisonment in Revati Singh murder case
Muzaffarnagar (UP): Six persons were on Tuesday handed life imprisonment by a local court in the murder case of Revati Singh, wife of senior BJP leader Hukum Singh.
Additional District Sessions Judge Raj Bahadur also imposed a fine of Rs 5,000 each on the accused Shankar, Jashod, Ravi, Pradeep, Sunil and Ashok.
Another accused Lallan was acquitted by the court due to lack of evidences.
Revati Singh, 75, wife of the BJP leader in Uttar Pradesh Assembly, was murdered and Rs 78 lakh in cash and ornaments were looted from their house here on July 30, 2010.
Police had later arrested seven persons, including domestic help Shankar, and recovered Rs 52.80 lakh from them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter