Six get life imprisonment in Revati Singh murder case
Muzaffarnagar (UP): Six persons were on Tuesday handed life imprisonment by a local court in the murder case of Revati Singh, wife of senior BJP leader Hukum Singh.
Additional District Sessions Judge Raj Bahadur also imposed a fine of Rs 5,000 each on the accused Shankar, Jashod, Ravi, Pradeep, Sunil and Ashok.
Another accused Lallan was acquitted by the court due to lack of evidences.
Revati Singh, 75, wife of the BJP leader in Uttar Pradesh Assembly, was murdered and Rs 78 lakh in cash and ornaments were looted from their house here on July 30, 2010.
Police had later arrested seven persons, including domestic help Shankar, and recovered Rs 52.80 lakh from them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere