Six get life imprisonment in Revati Singh murder case
Muzaffarnagar (UP): Six persons were on Tuesday handed life imprisonment by a local court in the murder case of Revati Singh, wife of senior BJP leader Hukum Singh.
Additional District Sessions Judge Raj Bahadur also imposed a fine of Rs 5,000 each on the accused Shankar, Jashod, Ravi, Pradeep, Sunil and Ashok.
Another accused Lallan was acquitted by the court due to lack of evidences.
Revati Singh, 75, wife of the BJP leader in Uttar Pradesh Assembly, was murdered and Rs 78 lakh in cash and ornaments were looted from their house here on July 30, 2010.
Police had later arrested seven persons, including domestic help Shankar, and recovered Rs 52.80 lakh from them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Benefits of face scrubs for men
- In awe of the Master! WATCH how Sakshi Malik requested Sachin Tendulkar to take a selfie with her brother
- Coal imports in July dip 11% to 18 MT
- Sania Mirza overcomes Rio failure; lifts the Connecticut Open trophy to gear up for US Open
- MASSIVE! Salman Khan's 'Sultan' celebrates 50 days in theatres – Details inside