Six girls drown in Betwa river
Jhansi: Six girls on Saturday drowned when a boat carrying pilgrims capsized in Betwa river in Airach area, a senior police officer said here.
The incident occurred this morning when the boat ferrying 10 pilgrims from Datia district in Madhya Pradesh, capsized in the Betwa river, Deputy Inspector General of Police Antony Dev Kumar said.
He said that while four persons were rescued by the locals, six girls - Rukhsar (18), Khushbu (17), Karishma (16), Sonam (16), Atiya (6) and an unidentified 10-year-old girl drowned.
The victims were going to offer `chaadar` at Meer Shah`s Mazaar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- OROP implementation after Bihar poll, says Manohar Parrikar
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men