Six girls drown in Betwa river
Jhansi: Six girls on Saturday drowned when a boat carrying pilgrims capsized in Betwa river in Airach area, a senior police officer said here.
The incident occurred this morning when the boat ferrying 10 pilgrims from Datia district in Madhya Pradesh, capsized in the Betwa river, Deputy Inspector General of Police Antony Dev Kumar said.
He said that while four persons were rescued by the locals, six girls - Rukhsar (18), Khushbu (17), Karishma (16), Sonam (16), Atiya (6) and an unidentified 10-year-old girl drowned.
The victims were going to offer `chaadar` at Meer Shah`s Mazaar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra