Six girls drown in Betwa river
Jhansi: Six girls on Saturday drowned when a boat carrying pilgrims capsized in Betwa river in Airach area, a senior police officer said here.
The incident occurred this morning when the boat ferrying 10 pilgrims from Datia district in Madhya Pradesh, capsized in the Betwa river, Deputy Inspector General of Police Antony Dev Kumar said.
He said that while four persons were rescued by the locals, six girls - Rukhsar (18), Khushbu (17), Karishma (16), Sonam (16), Atiya (6) and an unidentified 10-year-old girl drowned.
The victims were going to offer `chaadar` at Meer Shah`s Mazaar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'