Six girls drown in Betwa river
Jhansi: Six girls on Saturday drowned when a boat carrying pilgrims capsized in Betwa river in Airach area, a senior police officer said here.
The incident occurred this morning when the boat ferrying 10 pilgrims from Datia district in Madhya Pradesh, capsized in the Betwa river, Deputy Inspector General of Police Antony Dev Kumar said.
He said that while four persons were rescued by the locals, six girls - Rukhsar (18), Khushbu (17), Karishma (16), Sonam (16), Atiya (6) and an unidentified 10-year-old girl drowned.
The victims were going to offer `chaadar` at Meer Shah`s Mazaar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest