Six GRP personnel booked for assaulting passengers
Ballia: Six Government Railway Police (GRP) personnel have been booked for allegedly assaulting and looting passengers of a train here, police said on Thursday.
An FIR has been lodged against the GRP personnel at the city kotwali police station here for looting and beating the passengers of Swatantra Sangram Senani Express yesterday.
The FIR was lodged on a complaint by a BSF personnel Anil Kumar Giri, who was travelling in the train with his brother and sister, they said.
Giri has alleged in his complaint that the GRP personnel beat him up at the Ballia station when he opposed them from extorting money from passengers, police said.
Meanwhile, a case has also been registered against Anil Kumar Giri and others at the Ballia police station of the GRP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog