Six GRP personnel booked for assaulting passengers
Ballia: Six Government Railway Police (GRP) personnel have been booked for allegedly assaulting and looting passengers of a train here, police said on Thursday.
An FIR has been lodged against the GRP personnel at the city kotwali police station here for looting and beating the passengers of Swatantra Sangram Senani Express yesterday.
The FIR was lodged on a complaint by a BSF personnel Anil Kumar Giri, who was travelling in the train with his brother and sister, they said.
Giri has alleged in his complaint that the GRP personnel beat him up at the Ballia station when he opposed them from extorting money from passengers, police said.
Meanwhile, a case has also been registered against Anil Kumar Giri and others at the Ballia police station of the GRP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured