Six GRP personnel booked for assaulting passengers
Ballia: Six Government Railway Police (GRP) personnel have been booked for allegedly assaulting and looting passengers of a train here, police said on Thursday.
An FIR has been lodged against the GRP personnel at the city kotwali police station here for looting and beating the passengers of Swatantra Sangram Senani Express yesterday.
The FIR was lodged on a complaint by a BSF personnel Anil Kumar Giri, who was travelling in the train with his brother and sister, they said.
Giri has alleged in his complaint that the GRP personnel beat him up at the Ballia station when he opposed them from extorting money from passengers, police said.
Meanwhile, a case has also been registered against Anil Kumar Giri and others at the Ballia police station of the GRP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II