Six GRP personnel booked for assaulting passengers
Ballia: Six Government Railway Police (GRP) personnel have been booked for allegedly assaulting and looting passengers of a train here, police said on Thursday.
An FIR has been lodged against the GRP personnel at the city kotwali police station here for looting and beating the passengers of Swatantra Sangram Senani Express yesterday.
The FIR was lodged on a complaint by a BSF personnel Anil Kumar Giri, who was travelling in the train with his brother and sister, they said.
Giri has alleged in his complaint that the GRP personnel beat him up at the Ballia station when he opposed them from extorting money from passengers, police said.
Meanwhile, a case has also been registered against Anil Kumar Giri and others at the Ballia police station of the GRP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Car crushed between 2 trucks in Telangana, 5 dead
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system?
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part II
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part III
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part IV
- I wanted to represent India at Cannes red carpet: Sonam Kapoor
- Goa GBSHSE SSC Class 10th Results 2016 declared: Check gbshse.gov.in, goaresults.nic.in to know your score
- Gold price slumps by Rs 370 to 6-week low of Rs 29,200 per ten grams
- Music companies give commercial songs to their artists: Sonu Nigam
- Childhood fitness cuts heart disease risks in adulthood