Six injured as locals clash with officials over water crisis
Lucknow: Six people were on Saturday injured in a clash between locals protesting water crisis and waterworks staff in the city, police said.
The incident took place when residents of ward number 8 went to waterworks office in Uttar area to complain against water supply disruption in their area for the last few days, they said.
The officials told them that damage in the motor and non- availability of electricity were the main reasons behind the disruption.
Dissatisfied with the reply of the staff, the agitated people damaged the office furniture and indulged into scuffle in which an employee and five others were injured, police said.
An FIR has been lodged against unidentified people in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says