Six injured as locals clash with officials over water crisis
Lucknow: Six people were on Saturday injured in a clash between locals protesting water crisis and waterworks staff in the city, police said.
The incident took place when residents of ward number 8 went to waterworks office in Uttar area to complain against water supply disruption in their area for the last few days, they said.
The officials told them that damage in the motor and non- availability of electricity were the main reasons behind the disruption.
Dissatisfied with the reply of the staff, the agitated people damaged the office furniture and indulged into scuffle in which an employee and five others were injured, police said.
An FIR has been lodged against unidentified people in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police