Six injured as locals clash with officials over water crisis
Lucknow: Six people were on Saturday injured in a clash between locals protesting water crisis and waterworks staff in the city, police said.
The incident took place when residents of ward number 8 went to waterworks office in Uttar area to complain against water supply disruption in their area for the last few days, they said.
The officials told them that damage in the motor and non- availability of electricity were the main reasons behind the disruption.
Dissatisfied with the reply of the staff, the agitated people damaged the office furniture and indulged into scuffle in which an employee and five others were injured, police said.
An FIR has been lodged against unidentified people in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan