Six injured as locals clash with officials over water crisis
Lucknow: Six people were on Saturday injured in a clash between locals protesting water crisis and waterworks staff in the city, police said.
The incident took place when residents of ward number 8 went to waterworks office in Uttar area to complain against water supply disruption in their area for the last few days, they said.
The officials told them that damage in the motor and non- availability of electricity were the main reasons behind the disruption.
Dissatisfied with the reply of the staff, the agitated people damaged the office furniture and indulged into scuffle in which an employee and five others were injured, police said.
An FIR has been lodged against unidentified people in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan