Lucknow: Six people suffered burns after a major fire broke out in a building in Uttar Pradesh`s Hamirpur district early Sunday, police said.
The fire engulfed the four-storied `Amandeep` complex in Raath town that primarily houses garment stores and warehouses.
"The fire broke out at around 3 am probably following an electric short-circuit in a warehouse at the basement," Police Inspector Sant Lal told reporters in Hamirpur, some 300 km from here.
"Five fire tenders were pressed into service. It was only after four hours of their operation that the fire fighters were able to bring the situation under control," he added.
The condition of two of the injured is stated to be serious.