Six injured in group clash in Muzaffarnagar
Muzaffarnagar: At least six persons were
injured when two groups clashed over a disputed land at
Mundait village here, police said on Saturday.
An altercation between both the groups broke out
yesterday when one group tried to construct a religious
structure on the disputed land under Thana Bhawan police
station which was opposed by the other.
Senior police officials rushed to the spot to quell the
escalating tension and brought the situation under control.
The injured were rushed to a nearby hospital.
Additional police personnel have also been deployed in
sensitive areas to prevent any stray incidents of violence,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'