Six killed as hailstorm lashes UP
Lucknow: At least six people were killed and
a similar number injured when a hailstorm coupled with
lightening hit parts of Uttar Pradesh last evening, officials
Two children and two women were killed in Bahraich
district of eastern UP while two others lost their lives in
Farukkhabad after being struck by lightening, they said.
Four persons were injured in different parts of Bahraich
in separate incidents of lightning and house collapse, they
said, adding two in Shravasti district also sustained
Two deaths were also reported from Jalalpur village of
Farukkhabad where a house collapsed in the hailstorm last
night, the sources said.
The authorities decided to provide an ex gratia of Rs one
lakh each to next of kin of those killed in the natural
calamity, District Magistrate Bahraich Rigzian Samphel said.
On Saturday last, a dust storm had claimed three lives in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan