Six killed as hailstorm lashes UP
Lucknow: At least six people were killed and
a similar number injured when a hailstorm coupled with
lightening hit parts of Uttar Pradesh last evening, officials
Two children and two women were killed in Bahraich
district of eastern UP while two others lost their lives in
Farukkhabad after being struck by lightening, they said.
Four persons were injured in different parts of Bahraich
in separate incidents of lightning and house collapse, they
said, adding two in Shravasti district also sustained
Two deaths were also reported from Jalalpur village of
Farukkhabad where a house collapsed in the hailstorm last
night, the sources said.
The authorities decided to provide an ex gratia of Rs one
lakh each to next of kin of those killed in the natural
calamity, District Magistrate Bahraich Rigzian Samphel said.
On Saturday last, a dust storm had claimed three lives in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mahesh Sharma's controversial safety guidelines for women tourists
- Panel discussion on Mahesh Sharma's controversial safety guidelines for tourist women - Part II
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- DNA: Why commuting by bus in India is an unpleasant experience
- Song alert! Riteish Deshmukh plays 'Banjo' to the tunes of 'Rada' out now!
- Myanmar quake damages nearly 400 ancient temples
- Amazon launches dedicated online Telugu book store
- Explore London through the lens of Kapil Sharma and team!
- Typhoon to hit Japan on Tuesday; meteorological agency issues warnings