Six killed in communal clashes between SP, BJP councillors in Meerut
Meerut: As many as six persons were injured when Samajwadi Party and BJP councillors on Saturday clashed during a Meerut Nagar Nigam board meeting at Town Hall here, police said.
Local BJP leader Alok Sisodia alleged that the SP councillors, instead of raising relevant issues, passed objectionable comments against the Mayor and created unruly scenes.
The Samajwadi Party, however, alleged that a former BJP member and his supporters entered during the meeting and when its members opposed it, they indulged in a scuffle.
Both the parties have claimed that their members were injured in the clash.
Superintendent of Police Om Prakash said no complaint has been lodged by either of the factions and once an FIR is registered, police will take necessary action.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown