Six killed in cracker explosion in Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow: At least six people were killed in an explosion at a cracker manufacturing unit in Uttar Pradesh, police said on Tuesday.
The accident occurred Monday in Sultanpur district`s Jaitapur village and killed six members of a family - Chand Babu (20), Islam (18), Ajay Bheem (20), Mohd Ramzan (12), Mohd Nizam (4) and Mohd Shameen (11), police said.
Five people were severely injured and have been rushed to the trauma centre in the state capital, where their condition continue to be critical.
The unit belonged to Mohd Haneef, who had been in the cracker business for the last five years.
Police said the debris had been cleared. The district administration has ordered a probe into the accident and is verifying if the unit owner had a valid license for manufacturing and stockpiling the crackers.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'