Six killed in cracker shop explosion
Bareilly (UP): Six persons, including two children, were killed on Tuesday and two others injured in an explosion in a firecracker shop in Shahjahanpur district here, police said.
The explosion took place at around 11.30 AM in the shop, belonging to one Ibban, in Kanth town of the district, Inspector General of Police Devendra Singh Chauhan told PTI.
The explosion ripped through the fire-cracker shop and another tenement adjacent to it, he said.
"Six persons died on the spot in the incident, while two others were seriously injured and have been admitted to a hospital," he said.
Those killed in the blast have been identified as Zahoor Ahmad, Imtiyaz Ali, Saiz Mohammad, Geeta, Umar and Arun.
The intensity of the blast could be gauged from the fact that nine adjacent shops in the area were also damaged in the incident.
Senior officers have reached the spot and the debris is being removed.
This is the third such incident since yesterday. Four persons were killed in an explosion in Hardoi district yesterday, while a woman was killed in a blast in Kanpur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway