Six killed in cracker shop explosion
Bareilly (UP): Six persons, including two children, were killed on Tuesday and two others injured in an explosion in a firecracker shop in Shahjahanpur district here, police said.
The explosion took place at around 11.30 AM in the shop, belonging to one Ibban, in Kanth town of the district, Inspector General of Police Devendra Singh Chauhan told PTI.
The explosion ripped through the fire-cracker shop and another tenement adjacent to it, he said.
"Six persons died on the spot in the incident, while two others were seriously injured and have been admitted to a hospital," he said.
Those killed in the blast have been identified as Zahoor Ahmad, Imtiyaz Ali, Saiz Mohammad, Geeta, Umar and Arun.
The intensity of the blast could be gauged from the fact that nine adjacent shops in the area were also damaged in the incident.
Senior officers have reached the spot and the debris is being removed.
This is the third such incident since yesterday. Four persons were killed in an explosion in Hardoi district yesterday, while a woman was killed in a blast in Kanpur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Samsung Galaxy Note 7 pre-registrations begins from today
- Kashmir unrest: J&K delegation meets PM Modi; seeks immediate ban on pellet gun
- Cow vigilantism? Man heckled in Mumbai on suspicion of carrying bag made of cowhide
- Jigisha Ghosh murder case: Delhi court pronounces death for two convicts, life in jail for third
- Joint Admission Board forms panel to suggest ways to boost number of women in IITs