Six killed in rain-related incidents in UP
Lucknow: Six persons, including three children, were killed in rain-related incidents in Uttar Pradesh even as the state received heavy downpour, officials said on Friday.
All the six persons were killed due to lightning in Ghazipur district of the state.
Nine-year-old Upendra and Kedar Bind (8) from Dharikala village under Shaidiyabad police station area, Pushpa Devi (40) from Sriganj village under Nandganj police station area, Nakhdu (50) and Rohit Bind (15) from Ichauli village under Muhammadabad police station area and Sanehi Ram (30) from Banmalipur under Kotwali police station area died after being struck by lightning.
Meanwhile, several regions in the state witnessed heavy rainfall with Chandradeep Ghat (Gonda) receiving 200 mm rain, Ayodhya 162.8 mm, Palia Kalan 160.8 mm and Basti 128.6 mm rain, Central Water Commission said.
Sharda river at Palia Kalan and Ghaghra river at Elgin Bridge and Ayodhya were flowing above the red mark, it added.
- President's Rule to continue in Uttarakhand, next hearing in SC on May 3
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part II
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part III
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part IV
- Punjab woman 'gangraped first, killed, and then thrown from roof'
- IPL 2016: Mumbai Indians sign Jerome Taylor as injured Lasith Malinga's replacement
- AugustaWestland chopper deal: It's political conspiracy to cover up criminal negligence in pursuing CBI inquiry, says AK Antony
- Tiger Shroff regrets making housewife comment?
- Britain would be less well off after Brexit: OECD