Six killed in rain-related incidents in UP
Lucknow: Six persons, including three children, were killed in rain-related incidents in Uttar Pradesh even as the state received heavy downpour, officials said on Friday.
All the six persons were killed due to lightning in Ghazipur district of the state.
Nine-year-old Upendra and Kedar Bind (8) from Dharikala village under Shaidiyabad police station area, Pushpa Devi (40) from Sriganj village under Nandganj police station area, Nakhdu (50) and Rohit Bind (15) from Ichauli village under Muhammadabad police station area and Sanehi Ram (30) from Banmalipur under Kotwali police station area died after being struck by lightning.
Meanwhile, several regions in the state witnessed heavy rainfall with Chandradeep Ghat (Gonda) receiving 200 mm rain, Ayodhya 162.8 mm, Palia Kalan 160.8 mm and Basti 128.6 mm rain, Central Water Commission said.
Sharda river at Palia Kalan and Ghaghra river at Elgin Bridge and Ayodhya were flowing above the red mark, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Haji Ali Dargah case: Expect a 'pro women' verdict from Bombay HC, says Trupti Desai
- Lenovo Vibe K5 2nd flash sale today; get it at Rs 6,999
- Rahul Gandhi condemns Istanbul airport attack, dubs it as ''cowardly attack on innocents''
- Watch: Meet Cozmo, a tiny robot with big brain and bigger personality!
- Hrithik Roshan escapes Istanbul attacks, reaches India safely!