Six killed in UP road accident
Lucknow: At least six people were killed when a speeding truck hit a tractor trolley in Etah town of Uttar Pradesh late Sunday, police said Monday.
The accident took place on the Agra-Bareilly national highway in Etah, 236 km from Lucknow, when more than 25 people were returning on a tractor from a cremation.
Six people died on the spot while 18 were seriously injured, Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Etah Ajay Mohan Sharma told a news agency.
The tractor was heading to Rampur village when the accident occurred.
Police said the toll was likely to go up.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- OROP stalemate to end soon, Govt's draft agreement ready, claim sources
- Sheena Bora case: This is how Indrani Mukerjea got idea to plot a 'perfect murder'