Six killed in UP road accident
Lucknow: At least six people were killed when a speeding truck hit a tractor trolley in Etah town of Uttar Pradesh late Sunday, police said Monday.
The accident took place on the Agra-Bareilly national highway in Etah, 236 km from Lucknow, when more than 25 people were returning on a tractor from a cremation.
Six people died on the spot while 18 were seriously injured, Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Etah Ajay Mohan Sharma told a news agency.
The tractor was heading to Rampur village when the accident occurred.
Police said the toll was likely to go up.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video