Six killed in UP road accident
Lucknow: At least six people were killed when a speeding truck hit a tractor trolley in Etah town of Uttar Pradesh late Sunday, police said Monday.
The accident took place on the Agra-Bareilly national highway in Etah, 236 km from Lucknow, when more than 25 people were returning on a tractor from a cremation.
Six people died on the spot while 18 were seriously injured, Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Etah Ajay Mohan Sharma told a news agency.
The tractor was heading to Rampur village when the accident occurred.
Police said the toll was likely to go up.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Warrants issued in Turkey for arrest of 300 Presidential Guards
- Democrat Hilary Clinton picks Kaine as vice presidential running mate
- Munich shooter was German-Iranian, motive `unclear`: Police
- Rajnath Singh to arrive in trouble-torn Kashmir on Saturday
- WOAH! Cristiano Ronaldo opens own 'CR7' hotel, gives name to airport