Six killed in Uttar Pradesh warehouse collapse
Lucknow: At least six people were killed and 12 injured critically when a warehouse of the forest department in Uttar Pradesh`s Jyotiba Phule Nagar district collapsed after a truck rammed into it Thursday morning, police said.
The deceased died after getting buried under the debris of the warehouse in Gajraula town, some 300 km from here.
"The mishap took place this (Thursday) morning. Those killed and injured in the accident were riding on the truck that lost its control and rammed into the store," police inspector Om Prakash Rana told reporters in Jyotiba Phule Nagar district.
"By the time we reached the accident site, six people had already died. However, in the rescue operations, we managed to take out 12 injured people. No one is now trapped under the debris," he added.
The injured were being treated at the Moradabad district hospital.
Police have launched a search operation to nab the driver of the truck, who fled from the site following the accident.
All the people in the truck were from Moradabad district in Uttar Pradesh. They were returning from an animal fair in Haryana.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan