Six more killed in cracker shop blast in UP
Lucknow: Barely 24 hours after five people were killed in two explosions of stockpiled crackers at two places in Uttar Pradesh, six more people were killed on Tuesday when a blast took place at a cracker shop in Shahjahanpur, 175 km from here.
The explosion took place inside a cracker shop in a busy market area at Kaant in Shajahanpur.
Confirming the accident, Shahjahanpur Supreintendent of Police (SP) Shiv Kumar Yadav said that the bodies of the shop owner and a worker have been pulled out of the debris while four more dead have been spotted in the rubble of three other adjoining shops which collapsed under the impact of the massive explosion.
Police said the shop was owned by a license holder seller who was in the business for the last 30 years. A probe was being ordered, they said and added that as of now the priority was to pull out the dead and to ensure that no one was trapped in the debris.
Five people, including three women and two children, were killed Monday in explosions of stockpiled crackers in Hardoi and Kanpur in Uttar Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read