Six more killed in cracker shop blast in UP
Lucknow: Barely 24 hours after five people were killed in two explosions of stockpiled crackers at two places in Uttar Pradesh, six more people were killed on Tuesday when a blast took place at a cracker shop in Shahjahanpur, 175 km from here.
The explosion took place inside a cracker shop in a busy market area at Kaant in Shajahanpur.
Confirming the accident, Shahjahanpur Supreintendent of Police (SP) Shiv Kumar Yadav said that the bodies of the shop owner and a worker have been pulled out of the debris while four more dead have been spotted in the rubble of three other adjoining shops which collapsed under the impact of the massive explosion.
Police said the shop was owned by a license holder seller who was in the business for the last 30 years. A probe was being ordered, they said and added that as of now the priority was to pull out the dead and to ensure that no one was trapped in the debris.
Five people, including three women and two children, were killed Monday in explosions of stockpiled crackers in Hardoi and Kanpur in Uttar Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?