Six of a family killed in LPG cylinder blast in Kanpur
Kanpur: Six members of a family,
including two children, were on Sunday killed in an LPG cylinder
blast in a house in Nazirabad area here.
The cylinder exploded when Ramshabad Sharma`s wife was
preparing morning tea. All the six people, who were in a
one-room accommodation, were killed as its roof made of
plastic sheets caught fire, DIG Ashok Mutha Jain said.
Apart from Sharma`s wife, his two daughters, aged 23
and 25 years, son (22) and two grandchildren were killed in
the blast, he said, adding Sharma was not in the house at the
time of the incident.
His other daughter, whose two children, aged seven and
eight years, were killed in the incident, was also away in
Their neighbour Gopal tried in vain to save them and
suffered burn injuries, the DIG said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi