Six of family hacked to death in UP
Etawah: Six members of a family were hacked to death by unidentified persons allegedly over a property dispute in Ikdil area here, police said Monday.
Suresh Chandra Yadav (55), his wife Vimla Devi (45), son Avneesh (20) and daughters Rashmi (22), Shweta (14) and Surabhi (12) were hacked to death in Pilkhar village late last night, Senior Superintendent of Police Rajesh D Modak said.
Suresh and his family members were sleeping outside their house when the incident took place, Modak said.
The victim owned 18 bighas of land along the national highway and police suspect that dispute over the property may have been the motive behind the killings.
Senior officials, including District Magistrate P Guru Prasad and SSP Modak, have reached the spot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31