Six of family hacked to death in UP
Etawah: Six members of a family were hacked to death by unidentified persons allegedly over a property dispute in Ikdil area here, police said Monday.
Suresh Chandra Yadav (55), his wife Vimla Devi (45), son Avneesh (20) and daughters Rashmi (22), Shweta (14) and Surabhi (12) were hacked to death in Pilkhar village late last night, Senior Superintendent of Police Rajesh D Modak said.
Suresh and his family members were sleeping outside their house when the incident took place, Modak said.
The victim owned 18 bighas of land along the national highway and police suspect that dispute over the property may have been the motive behind the killings.
Senior officials, including District Magistrate P Guru Prasad and SSP Modak, have reached the spot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand