Six of family hacked to death in UP
Etawah: Six members of a family were hacked to death by unidentified persons allegedly over a property dispute in Ikdil area here, police said Monday.
Suresh Chandra Yadav (55), his wife Vimla Devi (45), son Avneesh (20) and daughters Rashmi (22), Shweta (14) and Surabhi (12) were hacked to death in Pilkhar village late last night, Senior Superintendent of Police Rajesh D Modak said.
Suresh and his family members were sleeping outside their house when the incident took place, Modak said.
The victim owned 18 bighas of land along the national highway and police suspect that dispute over the property may have been the motive behind the killings.
Senior officials, including District Magistrate P Guru Prasad and SSP Modak, have reached the spot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday