Six of family hacked to death in UP
Etawah: Six members of a family were hacked to death by unidentified persons allegedly over a property dispute in Ikdil area here, police said Monday.
Suresh Chandra Yadav (55), his wife Vimla Devi (45), son Avneesh (20) and daughters Rashmi (22), Shweta (14) and Surabhi (12) were hacked to death in Pilkhar village late last night, Senior Superintendent of Police Rajesh D Modak said.
Suresh and his family members were sleeping outside their house when the incident took place, Modak said.
The victim owned 18 bighas of land along the national highway and police suspect that dispute over the property may have been the motive behind the killings.
Senior officials, including District Magistrate P Guru Prasad and SSP Modak, have reached the spot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?