Six officials suspended over procedural irregularities in UP
Lucknow: Six persons working in the Ayurveda directorate and other government departments were suspended by the Uttar Pradesh government on Monday for irregularities in handing promotions and hikes of 800 medical officers.
The irregularities, which dated back to 2010, saw connivance between the Ayurveda directorate staff and some government officials resulting in 800 medical officers (community health) receiving time-scales and financial up-gradation with retrospective effect.
The move had led to a loss of around Rs 200 crore to the state exchequer, a spokesman said here.
The Chief Secretary had constituted a three-member committee and asked it to submit a report.
When the CM was apprised about the issue, he directed stern action against the guilty, the spokesman said.
The suspended officials include the then director of Ayurveda services Shraddha Mishra, the then deputy medical secretary Javed Ehtsham, review medical education officer Pradeep Upadhyaya, finance controller of Ayurveda directorate PC Chaudhary, assistant drug controller Mangal Dutt Trivedi and regional Ayurveda and Unani officer Barabanki Shahsidhar Shukla.
The CM has also ordered a vigilance probe into the incident, the spokesman added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling