Six officials suspended over procedural irregularities in UP
Lucknow: Six persons working in the Ayurveda directorate and other government departments were suspended by the Uttar Pradesh government on Monday for irregularities in handing promotions and hikes of 800 medical officers.
The irregularities, which dated back to 2010, saw connivance between the Ayurveda directorate staff and some government officials resulting in 800 medical officers (community health) receiving time-scales and financial up-gradation with retrospective effect.
The move had led to a loss of around Rs 200 crore to the state exchequer, a spokesman said here.
The Chief Secretary had constituted a three-member committee and asked it to submit a report.
When the CM was apprised about the issue, he directed stern action against the guilty, the spokesman said.
The suspended officials include the then director of Ayurveda services Shraddha Mishra, the then deputy medical secretary Javed Ehtsham, review medical education officer Pradeep Upadhyaya, finance controller of Ayurveda directorate PC Chaudhary, assistant drug controller Mangal Dutt Trivedi and regional Ayurveda and Unani officer Barabanki Shahsidhar Shukla.
The CM has also ordered a vigilance probe into the incident, the spokesman added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Muslims have always been a part of America: Obama
- Google honours legendary singer Mukesh with a doodle on 93rd birth anniversary
- Start Brexit negotiations as soon as possible: Hollande urges Britain
- 'Months before her assassination, pro-Khalistan leader had predicted Indira Gandhi's killing'
- ‘Kabali’ mania grips nation: Here’s why Rajinikanth is the one and only Thalaiva